Our vision is to provide an inclusive research, education and working environment reflected through a community that everyone feels a part of, which is safe, respectful, supportive and enables all to reach their full potential.
In order to achieve this, we commit to the following guiding principles:
- Ensuring LSHTM values and expected behaviours reflect respect for all and are clearly communicated, understood and enacted in all our interactions at all levels and regardless of job role.
- Being proactive in closing inequitable outcome gaps through positive action and, for example, anti-racist strategies.
- Being proactive in championing LGBTQ+ equality worldwide.
- Working in partnership with our students, staff, and other stakeholders enabling a range of perspectives to be heard, recognising the global and diverse cultural contexts in which we work.
- Embedding equity, diversity and inclusion in all that we do and recognising it as a School-wide responsibility.
- Being anticipatory as far as reasonably practicable.
- Recognising the importance of the intersectionality of different elements of our identities that may impact on a person's sense of belonging.
- Embed EDI into LSHTM's wellbeing strategy including, for example, women's health.
Strategy and action plan
- Staff disability policy (pdf)
- Supporting disabled staff (pdf)
- Equal pay policy (pdf)
- Gender reassignment and trans equality policy (pdf)
- Anti-bullying and harassment policy (pdf)
- EDI annual report 2021-22 (pdf)
- EDI annual report 2020-21 (pdf)
- EDI annual report 2019-20 (pdf)
- EDI data report 2021-22 (pdf)
- EDI data report 2020-21 (pdf)
- EDI data report 2019-20 (pdf)
- EDI data report 2018-19 (pdf)
- EDI data report 2017-18 (pdf)
- EDI data report 2016-17 (pdf)
- EDI data report 2015-16 (pdf)