Specialised programmes, recognised worldwide
Our master's degrees can be tailored individually to your personal learning needs and career goals through a choice of specialised elective modules. Our programmes are stimulating, with a truly global outlook, and dedicated, experienced staff, who are often active researchers themselves, carry out the teaching.
LSHTM consistently ranks highly in various global university league tables:
- #1 in Europe for research impact in sciences (2019 CWTS Leiden Ranking)
- #4 in the world for Public Health (ShanghaiRanking 2019)
- #9 in the UK in social sciences and public health (US News Best Global Universities Ranking 2019)
- #1 in the world for tropical medicine (Centre for World University Rankings 2017)
- #1 University of the Year 2016/17 (Times Higher Education award)
A rich, international learning environment
Studying at LSHTM, whether in London or by distance learning, gives you access to a wealth of knowledge and expertise. This is done through contact with students and staff from very diverse backgrounds, the fusion of which provides a rich environment for our students to learn, as you can tap into each other’s wealth of personal, professional and academic experience. We have staff from 68 different countries of origin, and both London-based and distance learning students from 150 different countries of origin.
Practical and career-focused
Our MSc programmes will equip you with a comprehensive knowledge base and a toolkit of practical skills to develop a successful career in public & global health. All programmes play a key role in responding to public health challenges around the world. LSHTM graduates go on to diverse career paths, becoming clinicians, policy-makers, academics and laboratory scientists, to name just a few.