We embrace and value our diverse staff and student community, and embed inclusive practice across all operations. This as an essential element in enhancing the School’s contribution to the improvement of health worldwide. We are committed to fostering a supportive, enabling and inclusive environment, where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect, and where there is equality of opportunity for all regardless of characteristics or background.
Equality, diversity and inclusion are the responsibility of all staff and students at the School. Our Equality and Diversity Strategy 2016-19 has the following priorities:
- Promoting equality and diversity
- Embedding equality and diversity in mainstream activities
- Increasing knowledge and awareness of equality and diversity issues relating to staff and students and how to address these
- Making successful Athena SWAN and Race Equality Charter Mark applications
- Developing partnerships to involve staff and students in promoting equality and diversity activities throughout the School
The School is active in promoting gender equality. It has held an Athena SWAN Bronze award since November 2011, which was renewed in November 2014. The Athena SWAN Charter recognises the advancement of gender equality in representation, progression and success for all. The School also holds the disability symbol and is a Stonewall Diversity Champion.