Promoting ear and hearing health worldwide
Community Ear and Hearing Health is an annual publication to promote ear and hearing health in low- and middle-income countries. It facilitates continuing education for all levels of ear and hearing health worker and is distributed free of charge to low- and middle-income countries. It is delivered to almost 4,000 healthcare providers worldwide. Some issues have been translated into French and Spanish.
Current issue: Human resources: what happens after training?
- Read past issues of Community Ear and Hearing Health
- Issue No. 22 (2022) Preventing hear loss
- Issue No. 21 (2020) Ear and hearing care in the midst of a pandemic
- Issue No. 20 (2019) Noise-induced hearing loss
- Issue No. 19 (2018) Hearing aid systems in low-resource settings
- Issue No. 18 (2017) Focus: Ear and Hearing Health in Schools
- Issue No. 17 (2016) Common ear conditions underdiagnosed at primary level
- Version Française No. 3 (2021) Soins de l’oreille et de l’audition en temps de pandémie
- Version en Español No. 2 (2021) Cuidado del oído y la audición en media de una pandemia
- Version française No. 2 (2016) Sensibiliser la communauté à la santé de l’oreille et de l’audition
- Version en Español No. 1 (2016) Abordando los problemas de oído
- Version française No. 1 (2015) Lutter contre les affections de l’oreill et de l’audition au niveau primaire
- Issue No. 16 (2015) Testing small children’s hearing with little or no equipment
- Issue No. 15 (2014) Early detection of hearing loss in newborn and preschool children
- Issue No. 14 (2014) Living with hearing impairment
- Issue No. 13 (2013) Increasing community awareness of ear and hearing health
- Issue No. 12 (2012) Addressing ear and hearing problems at primary level
- Issue No. 11 (2011) Projects in the Philippines
- Issue No.10 (2010) Less noisy cities Issue No. 9 (2009) Noise: an ubiquitous pollutant
- Issue No.8 (2008) Tinnitus: a common and manageable complaint
- Issue No.7 (2008) Screening for hearing impairment
- Issue No.6 (2007) Chronic suppurative otitis media: a disease still waiting for solutions
- Issue No.5 (2007) Rehabilitation of the deaf and hard of hearing
- Issue No.4 (2006) Deafness caused by ototoxicity in developing countries
- Issue No.3 (2006) Congenital infections and hearing impairment
- Issue No.2 (2005) Current practice for ear syringing
- Issue No.1 (2004) Congenital deafness in developing countries
- How to get the journal
Read the current and past issues of the journal here for free.
To receive a notification when each new issue is published please sign up here
To subscribe for a paper copy of the journal (free to low and middle income countries) please send your name, job title and postal address to the subscriptions address below.
Subscriptions address: Joanna Jeremy, Editorial Assistant, Community Ear and Hearing Health, International Centre of Evidence in Disability, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London, WC1E 7HT
Please email the journal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support Community Ear and Hearing Health
Community Ear and Hearing Health relies on donations from charities and individuals. Please support us with a donation.
- Editorial Committee
- Dr Diego Santana-Hernandez - Chair
- Professor Andrew Smith
- Professor Valerie E Newton
- Dr Ian Mackenzie
- Dr Tony Sirimanna
- Dr Jose Acuin – regional consultant
- Dr Paddy Ricard – Editor
- Joanna Jeremy – Editorial Assistant