Part-time students

Halls of Residence

Unfortunately, the University of London Intercollegiate Halls does not accept applications from part-time students.

Private Halls of Residences will usually only accept applications from students if they are exempt from council tax (see below for more information).

Private accommodation

This might be your main option for accommodation. You should make sure that you think about your budget and how you are going to cover the rent. If you are planning on working part-time and you will rely on this income to pay rent, then you need to think about finding work as soon as possible to make sure you can keep up with London rent and living costs.

You should refer to the Private accommodation section to find out more about how to go about your search.

Council Tax

Part-time students are expected to pay council tax, however you may be able to claim Council Tax Benefits if you are on a low income.


Part-time students do not usually qualify for student travel discounts. More information is on the TFL website.

Please note you cannot study part-time (half-time) if you need to apply for a Tier 4 student visa.