Finances and funding FAQs

What is my fee status?  Will I pay the Home or Overseas fee rate?

Once you have submitted your application the Admissions Team will make an assessment on your fee status. You will be informed of the assessment if an offer is made.  We cannot confirm your fee status before you have made an application.  Further details on how your fee status will be assessed can be found at

What financial evidence do you require?

UK/EU (Home) Students
If you are being sponsored for your studies we will need a sponsor letter on the sponsoring organisation’s headed paper indicating the amount and duration of funding.  If you are paying your own tuition fees you do not need to supply any additional evidence.

Overseas Students

Overseas students requiring a Tier 4 visa will need to submit financial evidence with their CAS request that meets the Home Office’s requirements.  Please check the School's section on visas and immigration for further guidance.

Overseas students not requiring a Tier 4 visa will need to supply a sponsor letter if they are receiving funding.  Self paying non Tier 4 students will not be required to submit any additional evidence.

Are there any scholarships available?

Details of scholarships available for applicants can be found on our funding pages.

Does the School participate in the U.S. Federal Loan Program?

Yes. For further details including the types of loans available, our Federal School Code, and the application process please see the School's US Loans web pages.

When do I need to pay my fees?

All fees are due at the start of your studies. An invoice for tuition fees will be produced and sent in August for MSc studies and one month prior to the start date for research students.  Please do not make any tuition fee payment until you have received your invoice.

Can I pay my fees in instalments?

No.  Tuition fees are payable in full, instalments are not permitted.

Can I pay by credit card?

Yes.  Credit card payments are accepted, full details of ways to pay will be sent to you with your invoice.