Tel: +44 (0)20 7927 2431
The Department of Global Health and Development (GHD) focuses on novel and policy-relevant research and training to achieve impact at national and global levels. Our work, predominantly concerning low and middle-income countries, spans health policy and systems research, economic evaluation, gender violence and violence in childhood, and medical humanitarianism.
- comprise over 120 research staff from a wide range of backgrounds, including economics, anthropology, epidemiology, mathematics, political science and medicine
- take a highly multidisciplinary approach
- develop long-term collaborative partnerships with research groups in low and middle-income countries (LMIC)
- offer a vibrant and diverse research degree programme, with over 100 PhD and DrPH students from more than 40 countries
- contribute to the many masters programmes on public health at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine and participate in the Executive Programme for Global Health Leadership
- edit the journal Health Policy and Planning