Menstrual Hygiene Day 2021: It's time for action
Join us live on Instagram as we answer your questions on periods.
This year’s Menstrual Hygiene Day is calling for more action and investment in menstrual health and hygiene now! But what does that mean in practice? Who is most at risk? And how does research make a difference? Here at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), we have a wealth of knowledge and expertise related to Menstrual Health and Hygiene – particularly when it comes to innovating to empower the most vulnerable and marginalised.
In a 45-minute live Q&A on LSHTM’s Instagram channel, we’ll be answering the most frequently asked questions based around three themes:
- 12.00 - 12.15: Menstrual hygiene and disability
- 12.15 - 12.30: Menstrual health and education
- 12.30 - 12.45: Menstrual health, human rights and WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene)
Want to take part in our Instagram live?
Here are three simple steps:
- Follow LSHTM on Instagram.
- Submit your questions about periods and disability/education/WASH (and don’t forget to check out the other questions and upvote your favourite!)
- At midday on the 28th, we’ll go live. Our profile picture will appear at the top of your feed with a colourful ring around it and the word "Live". Tap or click our profile picture to view the broadcast.
- Jane Wilbur, LSHTM
- Catherine Kansiime
- Florence Akara, Femme international
- Vishna Shah, LSHTM