There are a broad range of IT services available to students at the LSHTM, including:
- Horizon Remote Desktop (access LSHTM applications and drives remotely)
- Storage space for your files (2GB on your H: drive, and 1TB on your Microsoft OneDrive)
- A generous print quota including printing from mobile devices
- A personal copy of Microsoft Office to download whilst you are a student and access Office applications online through your Office365 account. This software will remain active while you have a LSHTM user account
- IT training opportunities - workshops run throughout the year
- LSHTM Mobile m.lshtm.ac.uk - access information on your mobile device
Further information about IT services for students can be found via the Virtual Student Hub or in the ServiceDesk portal.
Where to get help
The ServiceDesk portal at servicedesk.lshtm.ac.uk is your first point of contact for IT related issues. The portal is available 24/7 via the above URL using any internet browser.
You can find instructions for setting up e-mail on your phone, printing and a range of other services. You can find a shortcut icon to the ServiceDesk portal in the Application Window when logged in to a LSHTM managed desktop computer, or on the Virtual Student Hub.
The ServiceDesk portal is the most effective way for you to request services or report issues to IT Services. The forms you complete via ServiceDesk capture everything the support teams need to know to resolve your query and they go straight to the team responsible, though we are still contactable via phone for urgent requests.
There is also an IT Services Helpdesk that can be reached by email at email@example.com.