Fully funded, 4 year full-time PhD studentship based at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Now open to applications (commencing January 2024).
Malaria kills over 600,000 people - mostly children - every year.
Several new tools, including the use of Wolbachia, are under development for the control of mosquito vectors of malaria. Mathematical models developed within this PhD will inform the feasibility of control achieved through strategic implementation of novel interventions.
- An MSc degree
- A biological or mathematical degree
- Demonstrable ability in mathematical modelling
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work at least 2 days a week on campus
University fees (whether UK or international) are covered.
Starting stipend of £20,140 per annum.
How to apply
- 1-page CV including names of 2 references
- 1-page description of proposed project
Please send applications to Laith.Yakob@lshtm.ac.uk by 16 October 2023.
Shortlisting notification by end of October 2023.