The Library is committed to making its collections and services accessible to all users.
Library staff offer practical support to any user with a specific need or disability. Please contact us with any specific access requirements or feedback.
The Library & Archives Service is located in the School's Keppel Street building. The building is accessible by steps or ramp (both with handrails). Toilets, including facilities suitable for wheelchair users are available on the ground floor.
The Library is located on the first floor of the building and is spread over two levels. The entrance and main floor is accessible via lift or stairs. There is a push button automatic door to enter the Reading Room. The upper level (mezzanine floor) is only accessible via narrow stairs within the library.
Study desks and printed books are located on the main level. Group study tables and pamphlets are located on the upper level. Printing/scanning/copying facilities are available on each floor.
For more information about access, where things are located, or if you would like a personal tour, please contact us. Staff and students can find more information on the intranet.
The following extended services are available to students who have registered with us. Please contact us for access to extended services.
- Extended loans to enable you to borrow standard and one week loan material for extended periods.
- Postal loans for standard and one week loan material or photocopies of materials (users are responsible for paying the cost of returning loan items).
- A fetching service for books and journals is available if the shelves are difficult for you to access (24 hours notice required).
- Photocopying and printing service if you are unable to use the self-service facilities (24 hours notice required).
The following assistive equipment and materials are available in the Library:
- A desktop book magnifier is available in the Wellcome Gallery (group study area).
- Hand-held magnification sheets to help read text are available to borrow from the Enquiries Desk.
- Dictaphones are available for termly loans for students who have registered for this service with the Assistant Librarian (User Services).
- Book rests to hold your book at a convenient angle are available to use in the Library.
- Two adjustable height study desks are available in the Reading Room. Ask a member of staff for assistance adjusting the table.
- A portable induction hearing loop is located at the Enquiries Desk.
All computers have access to Text Help Read and Write Gold through the Application Window. For more information, please contact us.