The Library, Archive & Open Research Services (LAORS) team is committed to making its collections and services accessible to all users.
Library staff offer practical support to any user with a specific need or disability. Please contact us with any specific access requirements or feedback.
Library, Archive & Open Research Services is located in our Keppel Street building. The building is accessible by steps or ramp (both with handrails). Toilets, including facilities suitable for wheelchair users, are available on the ground floor.
The Library can be found on the first floor of the building. The entrance and reading rooms are accessible via lift or stairs. There is a push button automatic door to enter the Reading Room. Pamphlets are stored on the Reading Room Gallery which is only accessible via narrow stairs within the library. LAORS staff will collect pamphlets for any users who are unable to access the Gallery.
Study desks and printed books are located on the main level. Printing/scanning/copying facilities are available.
Do let us know if you require assistance. You will find our full contact details on our LAORS home page.
For more information about access, where things are located, or if you would like a personal tour, please contact us. Staff and students can find more information on the LAORS intranet pages.
The following extended services are available to students who have registered with us. Please contact us for access to extended services.
- Extended loans to enable you to borrow standard and one week loan material for extended periods.
- Postal loans for standard and one week loan material or photocopies of materials (users are responsible for paying the cost of returning loan items).
- A fetching service for Library materials is available if any of our shelves are difficult for you to access (24 hours notice required).
- We operate a photocopying and printing service if you are unable to use the self-service facilities (24 hours notice required).
The following assistive equipment and materials are available in the Library:
- Hand-held magnification sheets to help read text are available to borrow from the Enquiries Desk.
- Dictaphones are available for termly loans for students who have registered for this service with the Assistant Librarian (User Services).
- Book rests to hold your book at a convenient angle are available to use in the Library.
- Two adjustable height study desks are available in the Barnard Room. Ask a member of staff for assistance adjusting the table.
- A portable induction hearing loop is located at the Enquiries Desk.
You can find more about the support LSHTM has available, including IT software, via the disability support pages. Do also contact us if you need any further information about what we can offer.