LSHTM statement on research integrity
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is committed to complying with the commitments outlined in the Concordat to Support Research Integrity:
- We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of rigour and integrity in all aspects of research.
- We are committed to ensuring that research is conducted according to appropriate ethical, legal and professional frameworks, obligations and standards.
- We are committed to supporting a research environment that is underpinned by a culture of integrity and based on good governance, best practice and support for the development of researchers.
- We are committed to using transparent, robust and fair processes to deal with allegations of research misconduct should they arise.
- We are committed to working together to strengthen the integrity of research and to reviewing progress regularly and openly
Annual Statements on Research Integrity
As part of the School’s commitment to Research Integrity, the Head of Research Governance and Integrity produces an annual report to the Audit and Risk Committee, outlining LSHTM’s endeavours in this area. The annual report also details any allegations of research misconduct. This report meets the requirements outlined in the Concordat to Support Research Integrity.
- Audit and risk committee report 2020 (PDF)
- Audit and risk committee report 2019 (PDF)
- Audit and risk committee report 2018 (PDF)
- Audit and risk committee report 2017 (PDF)
- Audit and risk committee report 2016 (PDF)
- Audit and risk committee report 2015 (PDF)
- Audit and risk committee report 2014 (PDF)
- Audit and risk committee report 2013 (PDF)
- Audit and risk committee report 2012 (PDF)
The Deputy Director and Provost, Anne Mills, oversees Research Governance and Integrity as the Chair of the Research Governance Committee. Jenny Jenkin, Secretary and Registrar, is the named Designated Officer per the procedure for investigating allegations of research misconduct (PDF) and will receive anonymous allegations per the whistleblowing policy (PDF).
Please contact Patricia Henley, Head of Research Governance and Integrity, with any queries, or if you require any further information on research integrity. Patricia will act as the main contact for all Research Integrity queries.