Ubuntu Hub Shared Learning Webinar Series: Exploring Feeding challenges for children with developmental disabilities
This webinar is part of the a new series of monthly collaborative online webinars on early child disability between the MARCH Centre and ICED.
This will be an engaging one hour online webinar exploring the importance of addressing the complex nature of feeding challenges and malnutrition in children with developmental disabilities.
The webinar will include a short presentation on USAIDs current work on nutrition and feeding resources for children with developmental disabilities, followed by expert panel discussion of 3 case studies covering different feeding challenges commonly experienced by children with disabilities and their caregivers.
This will be followed by a Q&A.
Attendees will learn about:
The importance of addressing the complex challenges of feeding and malnutrition in children with developmental disabilities
Hollistic strategies to address feeding challenges and support child and caregiver wellbeing
Available recources related to feeding and malnrition for children with developmental disabilities
Have the opportunity to share ideas and learning with global expert panel
This event is open to everyone with interest or experience in implementing programmes for children with developmental disability and their caregivers and will share learning from the Ubuntu Hub programmes.
- Malia Uyehara, Project Officer, USAID Advancing Nutrition, JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc.
- Melanie Adams, Independent Consultant – International Training and Disability, MAITS
- Snehal Omkar Talvekar, Occupational Therapist, Ummeed Child Development Centre, Mumbai
- Roohina Mohd Zahid Shaikh, Physiotherapist, Ummeed Child Development Centre, Mumbai
- Kate Miller, Speech-language Pathologist and Feeding & Disability Specialist, SPOON