The Data Controller for alumni data is the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
All personal data is held securely by the Development and Alumni Relations Office (DARO) and is treated confidentially, stored on secured servers, with access restricted to authorised personnel only, and in accordance with UK Data Protection Law and GDPR. Data is collected from the Data Subject (yourself) and some from publicly available sources such as the Post Office’s National Change of Address database.
Data is used to promote close links between LSHTM and our alumni through a full range of alumni activities including the sending of publications, the promotion of services and benefits available to alumni, notification of alumni events, programmes involving academic and administrative departments, fundraising programmes which may include an element of direct mailing.
Personal data held by LSHTM may include:
- Your contact details
- Your communication preferences
- Communications we have had with you
- Your biographical information
- Your professional information
- Information you have shared publicly on social media
- Your donation history
- Your education history at LSHTM
- Your attendance of LSHTM events
- Your affiliations with Chapters or other areas of LSHTM
If you are a current or past student, some of your personal data is transferred from your student record to the alumni database.
Data will not be passed on to external commercial organisations.
Under GDPR, the Data Subject has:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data
- The right of access to their data
- The right to rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling