LSHTM Viral is a global health podcast focusing on the science behind outbreaks and how we respond to them, bringing expert insights directly to the public.
In January 2020, we launched our first episode and season focusing on COVID-19, followed by a second season on planetary health. With 47 episodes so far, LSHTM Viral has been played in over 170 countries. The podcast was Spotify's 13th Most Popular Science podcast in the UK in 2020, as well as 18th for Apple's Most Popular Life Sciences podcast in the UK for 2020.
In February 2021, we will launch a third season of LSHTM Viral exploring vaccines and vaccinations in a COVID-19 world, from ingredients to manufacturing, and through to the realities of distribution to a global population.
In each episode, we will answer the most pressing questions from the public on the COVID-19 vaccines, and welcome submissions at email@example.com.
Listen to the latest episode:
- Listen to the series on your preferred platforms
- Download transcripts of the podcasts
- Transcript - Season 3 Episode 5 (pdf)
- Transcript - Season 3 Episode 2 (pdf)
- Transcript - Season 1 Episode 12 (pdf)
- Transcript - Season 1 Episode 11 (pdf)
- Transcript - Season 1 Episode 1 (pdf)
We are working to transcribe our episodes. If there is one you would like us to prioritise, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.