Rebalancing racial injustice: A glance at racial injustice from different lenses
Join us for a panel discussion that will carefully examine the intersection of race, with a particular focus on internalised, personally mediated, and institutional racism.
We will hear a series of talks from experts on racial equality, mental health and public health, followed by a discussion and Q&A with our audience. The session will be chaired by Asmae Doukani, Research Fellow and Chair of the Rebalance Working Group at Centre for Global Mental Health (CGMH) at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
- Dr Yasmin Gunaratnam, King's College, London: ‘Social suffering and decolonial joy’
- Dr Rabeea’h Aslam, Swansea University: ‘Understanding Race in Global Mental Health’
- Dr Jacob Bor, Boston University: ‘Structural racism and health in the US: Beyond disparities research’
- Dr Dixon Chibanda, LSHTM: 'Breaking the walls of internalised racism’
- Panel discussion followed by audience Q&A