Promoting inclusive education for children with developmental disabilities
Join LSHTM's Ubuntu Hub for their first webinar of the year, aiming to engage those working in early child disability.
In this webinar, speakers will be exploring the importance of access to inclusive education for children with disabilities and exploring two programmes that aim to promote inclusion and school readiness for all.
This event is open to everyone with interest or experience in implementing programmes for children with developmental disability and their caregivers and will share learning from the Ubuntu Hub programmes.
The webinar will include a short presentation on the importance of access to inclusive education, followed by presentations highlighting programmes that aim to support access to education for children with disabilities: ENREACH which promotes school readiness for all schools of pre-school age and Obuntu bulamu intervention, which aims to improve inclusion of children with disabilities in schools, homes, and communities. This will be followed by a Q&A.
Attendees will learn about:
- The importance of access to inclusive education
- Explore strategies used by ENREACH and Obuntu Bulamu to promote inclusion and participation in education for children with disabilities.
- Have the opportunity to share experiences, ideas and learning with global expert panel
- Femke Bannink Mbazzi, Associate Professor, LSHTM/ MRC UVRI Uganda
- Jane Nansamba, Social Science Research Assistant, MRC UVRI Uganda
- Mohammad Abdul Awal Miah, Research Investigator, Child Development Unit, ICDDRB Bangladesh
- Please note that the recording link will be listed on this page when available.