Environmental Change and Public Health 2020
The NIHR Health Protection Research Unit in Environmental Change and Health Annual Conference 2020
The HPRU in Environmental Change and Health undertakes high quality research to support rapidly evolving public health and health protection policy relating to climate change, land use change, and progress toward a low carbon society.
The conference will include sessions on:
- Key research findings on climate risks to public health in the UK.
- Climate emergency: actions to reduce the health effects of climate change by Local Authorities
- Healthy sustainable cities: linking adaptation and low carbon policies for housing, and healthy urban planning.
- How do we encourage healthy and environmental behaviours?
- Baroness Brown of Cambridge DBE FREng FRS, Chair of the Adaptation Sub-Committee of the Committee on Climate Change.
- Professor Isabel Oliver, Director of Research, Translation and Innovation and Deputy Director of the National Infection Service, Public Health England.
- Professor Paul Wilkinson, Professor of Environmental Epidemiology, LSHTM
- Professor Alan Dangour, Director, Centre on Climate Change and Planetary Health, and Professor of Food and Nutrition for Global Health, LSHTM.
Speaker bios & programme
Watch the session online
LSHTM is committed to environmental sustainability, with a dedicated policy agreed upon in 2019. Recognising more needs to be done, they have released an Energy and Carbon Management Plan 2020, outlining the emissions reduction trajectory required to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030. We encourage all attendees to be mindful of their own environmental impact and opt to use public transport to attend this event. Additionally, no paper copies of the presentations will be administered to align the event with the new LSHTM sustainability policies.