Passionate about LSHTM? Share your experiences and encourage future students to join us. Become one of our Student or Digital Content Ambassadors.
Whether you are studying one of our intensive or distance learning programmes, as an ambassador your main role will be to help prospective students learn more about the study opportunities at LSHTM. Ambassadors may be requested to participate in a number of ways, depending on their particular set of skills/capabilities and preferences. This would include:
- Answering queries from prospective students about your programme, life at LSHTM or distance learning study via email and/or in online chat sessions
- Assisting at our on campus and virtual Open Days and course webinars
- Contributing to promotional materials (such as programme brochures, website profiles or media articles)
- Participating in student focus groups and market research
- Participating in student panels at information sessions (involving public speaking)
Digital Content Ambassadors
If you are a creative person who enjoys blogging, writing and are active on social media, you should consider becoming a Digital Content Ambassador. The role would involve creating a wide range of content for our social media platforms, website and email campaigns on topics such as studying at LSHTM, tips on getting ready for exams, favourite London spots etc. The role would particularly focus on:
- Contributing to our social media activities such as takeovers, stories etc.
- Make suggestions on what content would be of interest to students
- Interviewing your peers about their LSHTM experience (interviews can be in various format such as written blogs, short videos, Instagram stories etc.)
- Vlogging / blogging
- Taking photos throughout the year that would depict the student life at LSHTM
- Sharing quotes about your experience
We will be looking to share fresh student content regularly throughout the year so there will be lots of opportunities to get creative and share your story. You can put your name forward for as much work as you feel you can do, however we expect our ambassadors to participate on a regular basis.
The benefits of being an ambassador:
- Being an official representative of LSHTM
- Helping to forge a community spirit and build links throughout LSHTM's global community
- Having a platform to develop your interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Opportunities for academic and social networking with fellow students and staff
- Official recognition of your work to add to your CV, including valuable experience in digital marketing and content creation.
Who are we looking for?
As a student ambassador, you should be:
- Confident, with strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic (about LSHTM and your programme)
- Committed to LSHTM’s Values
For the role of digital content ambassadors only:
- Have experience of posting a range of appealing content on social media
- Be familiar with a range of social media platforms e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Discord
How to apply
We welcome applications from students interested in becoming a Student Ambassador, Digital Content Ambassador or both.
Intensive study students: apply now (application deadline: 16th October 2023)
Distance learning students: apply now (application deadline: 30th October 2023)