Please consult the Master's degrees webpages to view individual programme details, programme specifications and guidance on individual programme entry requirements.
The School's admissions policies support the admission of students through procedures which are fair, transparent and applied consistently.
- Postgraduate Taught Admissions Policy (pdf)
- Fee Assessment Policy (pdf)
- Terms & Conditions of Admission (pdf)
- Recognition of Prior Learning Policy (pdf) RPL Application Form (docx)
- Application steps
- Identify the MSc programme(s) that you wish to apply for via our Master's degrees webpages
- Check that you meet, or are expecting to meet, the School's general entry requirements
- Check that you meet any additional programme-specific entry requirements, found within individual Master's degrees webpages
- Check the application deadlines associated with your chosen programme.
- Read our MSc application guidance (pdf)
- Apply online using the School's application portal
- Await a decision - the School aims to provide a decision on all Master's degree applications within 6-8 weeks.
- Application checklist
Below is a list of what you will need to apply:
- Your full contact details
- Your qualification details
- Your employment details
- Copy of passport (photo page) or EU National ID card
- Your referees’ details (full names and email addresses)
- Your personal statement (one for each course applied for)
- CV / resume
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates / Relevant professional qualifications
- Evidence of English language ability (if applicable)
- Application deadlines
All applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure availability of a place and a timely decision on their application. This is particularly important for applicants with sponsorship deadlines.
The final closing date for taught Master’s applications for entry in the 2019/20 academic year is as follows:
- 2 August 2019 by 23:59 British Summer Time (BST) for international applicants requiring a Tier 4 Student Visa
- 23 August 2019 by 23:59 British Summer Time (BST) for applicants not requiring a Tier 4 Student Visa
We recommend that you submit applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Programmes may close after an application has been received but before an application has been considered.
Deadline for responding to your offer
Applicants are required to respond to their Offer of Admissions within 28 days of receipt, or their place will be released and the offer automatically declined.
For applicants in their last year of undergraduate studies, if you are unable to provide a final academic transcript before registration date, please contact the Admissions team (email@example.com) to discuss your options.
- Application submission
Receipt of your application
You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application within 24 hours of submission. We strongly recommend that you check your email settings before applying to ensure that "@lshtm.ac.uk" email addresses are not blocked or sent to your spam or junk email folders.
If you have not sent all of the required supporting application documents that we require to make a decision, we will contact you to provide information on the outstanding documentation. Please send this documentation to us as soon as possible in order to ensure processing of your application is not delayed. Please ensure you quote your application reference number in all correspondence with the Admissions team.
If you have not yet completed your academic or English language qualifications, if your academic profile meets our requirements, we will normally be able to make you an offer which is conditional on completing these qualifications and supplying any required references. You will need to provide evidence that you have met these conditions before your offer can be considered unconditional.
Our Admissions team will carefully check each application to ensure that all requested supported documentation has been submitted. Once confirmed, the application will then be forwarded to the relevant Programme Director for academic assessment and a final decision. We aim to make a decision within 6-8 weeks from receipt of a complete application.
- Can't apply online?
If you are unable to apply online, please contact our Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper application form, please include a brief explanation of you why would like a paper form.
If you have any technical problems with the application portal, check our application FAQs.
- Applying to more than one programme?
It is possible to apply for up to two Master's degree programmes, in order of preference. However, please consider your choices carefully and ensure that your personal statement is relevant to both of your choices. Applicants are only permitted to hold one Offer of Admission.