LSHTM's distance learning programmes are run in collaboration with the University of London. The course content, teaching and assessment are developed by academic staff at LSHTM, while the University of London manages administrative matters including registration, distribution of materials and tuition fee payment. As such, applications must be made through the University of London.
- Application process
1. Choose your distance learning programme and submit your online application via the University of London website:
Please read the ‘Guidance Notes for Applications (pdf)’ before you complete your application.
2. Submit your documentary evidence. This can be done online when submitting your application or at a later stage. You will be required to submit personal identification, educational certificates, transcripts, English language proficiency evidence, references and CV (see Guidance Notes for Applications (pdf) for further details). Please note that there is a non-refundable application fee of £107 for PG Cert, PG Dip and MSc. Individual modules do not have an application fee.
3. University of London will notify you of whether or not you have been accepted. This usually happens within five working days. You will be sent a student reference number by email in case you need to contact University of London about your application.
4. If you are made an offer, you will receive an email with instructions for completing your online registration (usually from May/June). You will have until the registration deadline to accept your offer and pay your initial fees.
5. Begin your studies. You will be given access to LSHTM's online learning site (Moodle) at the beginning of October. If you have registered for a module which provides hard copy study materials, these will be sent to your correspondence address. Clinical Trials modules are delivered solely online via Moodle.
MSc, PG Dip, PG Cert and individual modules Date Epidemiology, Global Health Policy, Infectious Diseases, Public Health 31 August Clinical Trials 31 October
- Registration deadlines
MSc, PG Dip and PG Cert and individual modules Date Epidemiology, Global Health Policy, Infectious Diseases, Public Health 30 September Clinical Trials 30 November
- Who to contact
If you have any questions before submitting your application, you can contact:
Email email@example.com for queries about programme content, modules or assessments.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for general study enquiries.
Send a message to University of London for queries about how to apply, documentary evidence or entry requirements, or call +44 (0)20 7862 8360
- Useful information for applicants
You are welcome to submit your application even if you are yet to sit an exam or you are awaiting results. University of London can begin to process your application without all the evidence, although a final decision will be made once all the necessary documentation has been received. If you are unsure as to whether or not you meet our entry requirements, University of London might be able to advise you on this before you submit your online application.