The following Term 3 modules are available to external candidates in the academic year 2022/23. The deadline for submission of completed applications is 20 February 2023:
- 1300 - Environmental Health Policy
- 1607 - Health Services Management
- 1702 - Proposal Development
- 1806 - Integrating Module: Health Promotion
- 2412 - Advanced Statistical Methods in Epidemiology
- 2450 - Advanced Statistical Modelling
- 2460 - Nutrition Programme Planning
- 2468 - Analysing Survey & Population Data
- 3130 - Mycology
- 3169 - Novel Drug Discovery and Antimicrobial Resistance
- 3174 - HIV
- 3176 - Integrated Vector Management
- 3191 - Vaccine Immunology
- 3198 - Applying Public Health Principles
- 3460 - Pathogen Genomics
- 3465 - Neglected Tropical Diseases
The link below shows all the modules offered by the School. Module specifications provide full details about the aims and objectives of each module, what you will study, how the module is assessed and whether there are any prerequisites that have to be met before registering for the module.
- Full list of modules and specifications
- We also have modules available to study by distance learning
Each module takes place once per year. Teaching for Term 1 modules usually occurs over ten weeks, and five weeks for Terms 2 and 3 modules. The time students are required to attend the School will vary according to the teaching strategy of the module, but will usually be 20-45 hours for Term 1 modules and 50-60 hours for Terms 2 and 3 modules. Learning time, including reading, is estimated to be 150 hours per module.
The module specification indicates the timetable slot (AB1, C1 etc.) for the module, which corresponds to the below terms and teaching times. See term dates.
Term 1 (Autumn)
|AB1 modules||Refer to module specification for teaching schedule|
Term 2 (Spring)
C1 modules, 9am Mon – 12.30pm WedC2 modules, 2pm Wed – 5pm Fri
|Before reading week|
D1 modules, 9am Mon – 12.30pm Wed
D2 modules, 2pm Wed – 5pm Fri
|After reading week|
Term 3 (Summer)
|E modules||Refer to module specification for teaching schedule|
Modules in the same half of the week run concurrently and only one of these may be taken in any given year.
Please note that the application deadlines and module fees below apply to external module students only. Different timelines and fees apply to blended learning MSc students.
- £2,570 per module
Changes to the course
LSHTM will seek to deliver this course in accordance with the description set out in this course page. However, there may be situations in which it is desirable or necessary for the School to make changes in course provision, either before or after registration. For further information, please see our changes to courses page.
Applications are currently closed.
Please note that the School gives priority to the needs of students registering for masters and research degrees, and so places on any module may be limited.
Please refer to the current visa requirements for short course participants.