Our planet, our health: driving action towards a healthy, sustainable future for all
This is an online event hosted by LSHTM’s Centre on Climate Change and Planetary Health to mark World Health Day.
The event will focus on World Health Organization's theme for 2022 “Our planet, our health” and showcase actions across the globe that are being implemented to address intersecting climate and health crises.
The event will feature distinguished speakers, who will approach the topic from a range of angles, from the health co-benefits of climate mitigation and adaptation actions, implementing nature-based solutions, to youth perspective on how we can work together towards a healthier, more sustainable future for all.
- Dr Diarmid Campbell-Lendrum, Team Leader, Climate Change and Health, World Health Organization
- Professor Jonathan Patz, Director, Global Health Institute, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Dr Peninah Murage, Assistant Professor in Environmental Epidemiology, LSHTM
- Dr Ana Bonell, Clinical Research Fellow, LSHTM
- Saad Uakkas, Regional Coordinator for North Africa, African Youth Initiative on Climate Change
Sir Andy Haines, Professor in Environmental Change and Public Health, LSHTM
Please note that the first couple of minutes of this event were not recorded due to technical issues. The event was introduced by Sir Andy Haines, Professor of Environmental Change and Public Health at LSHTM, and the first speaker was Dr Diarmid Campbell-Lendrum, Team Leader of Climate Change and Health at the World Health Organization.