Infectious Disease Dynamics 2018
IDDconf 2018 is the second instalment of a new meeting series focussing on innovative research in infectious disease dynamics.
Topics include any aspects of infectious disease dynamics: from methodological to applied modelling of emerging, epidemic and endemic infectious diseases, including epidemiology, phylodynamics, evolutionary biology and ecology.
- 2.5 days of interaction within the infectious disease modelling community
- High presentation rate amongst participants
- Affordable conference experience
- New and developing research presented
- Afternoon of walking in beautiful Lake District countryside
- Format will involve short talks (15 mins) with a small poster session during evening reception
This meeting seeks to be an opportunity for infectious disease modellers to share new ideas, in-progress research, and build an open and collaborative network of scientists.
Monday 3rd September:
- 12.30 - 1.30pm - Arrival Lunch and Registration
- 1.30 - 6pm - Scientific Sessions
- Followed by a reception
Tuesday 4th September:
- 9am - 1.30pm - Scientific Sessions
- 1.30 - 5.30pm - Country Walk
Wednesday 5th September:
- 9am - 2.30pm - Scientific Sessions
School CMMID members also attend till Thursday 6th for the annual Centre Retreat.
Cost of attendance includes:
- Two nights of single en-suite accommodation at University of Cumbria halls (a without-accommodation option is available)
- Light breakfasts + lunches
- Nibbles and drinks at evening reception
- Subsidised childcare for those bringing small children
- Exclusions: Transport to Ambleside and dinners
Abstracts will be solicited from August 1st till 10th. We aim to be as up-to-date and inclusive as possible, and selections on talks and posters will be made in a transparent manner.