Climate change adaptation and mitigation in The Gambia and West Africa
The MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM and LSHTM's Centre on Climate Change and Planetary Health will be hosting a side event as part of the 2022 Planetary Health Annual Meeting (PHAM), coordinated by the Planetary Health Alliance.
While The Gambia’s own carbon footprint is small, the health impacts of climate change are already being directly experienced by the population and there is strong government and community commitment to adapt to these challenges. This event, hosted by LSHTM’s Centre on Climate Change and Planetary Health and the MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM, will present findings from projects being carried out by LSHTM researchers that aim to improve understanding of the health impacts of climate change in The Gambia and West Africa, and find evidence-based climate change adaptation and mitigation solutions.
The event will be chaired by Dr Kris Murray, Associate Professor in Environment and Health, LSHTM.
- Dr Rosemary Green, Associate Professor in Sustainability, Nutrition and Health, LSHTM
- Dr Ana Bonell, Clinical PhD Fellow, MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM
- Dam Khan, PhD student, MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM
- Dr Aliyu Nuhu Ahmed, PhD student, Planetary Health, MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM
- Zakari Ali, PhD student, Nutrition and Planetary Health, MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM
Further details can be found on the Planetary Health Annual Meeting page.