LSHTM English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
LSHTM offers English for Academic Purposes (EAP) workshop classes for all intensive master's and research degree students.
- UCL - Language Centre
- Birkbeck - English Language and Study Skills
- SOAS - International Foundation Courses & English Language Study (IFCELS)
- King's College London - English Language Centre
- Queen Mary, University of London - English Language & Study Skills
- University of Sussex Centre for Language Studies
- English UK - The National Association of accredited English Language teaching centres
- Education UK - English Language Course Search database, listing British Council accredited English Language courses in the UK
- Floodlight - official guide to adult education courses in London (including English courses)
English for Academic Purposes - Online Resources
- Using English for Academic Purposes - useful site with exercises.
- Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University - contains resources and instructions on general and genre-specific academic writing.
- University of Toronto Writing Guide - contains a wealth of material, including guides for use of quotation, writing an annotated bibliography, language for referring to sources and how not to plagiarise.
- University of Manchester - a comprehensive resource on planning and writing assignments, using sources effectively, using grammar and punctuation.
- University of Reading - Study advice on using all skills in the academic context; a comprehensive source on academic writing.
- Monash University - A collection of resources aimed at improving academic performance.
- Academic English CD-roms (£30)