LSHTM English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
LSHTM offers English for Academic Purposes (EAP) workshop classes for all intensive master's and research degree students. Information on EAP classes can be found on the LSHTM intranet.
- UCL - Language Centre
- Birkbeck - English Language and Study Skills
- SOAS - International Foundation Courses & English Language Study (IFCELS)
- King's College London - English Language Centre
- Queen Mary, University of London - English Language & Study Skills
- University of Sussex Centre for Language Studies
- English UK - The National Association of accredited English Language teaching centres
- Education UK - English Language Course Search database, listing British Council accredited English Language courses in the UK
- Floodlight - official guide to adult education courses in London (including English courses)
English for Academic Purposes - Online Resources
- Using English for Academic Purposes - useful site with exercises.
- Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University - contains resources and instructions on general and genre-specific academic writing.
- University of Toronto Writing Guide - contains a wealth of material, including guides for use of quotation, writing an annotated bibliography, language for referring to sources and how not to plagiarise.
- University of Manchester - a comprehensive resource on planning and writing assignments, using sources effectively, using grammar and punctuation.
- University of Reading - Study advice on using all skills in the academic context; a comprehensive source on academic writing.
- Monash University - A collection of resources aimed at improving academic performance.
- Academic English CD-roms (£30)