This study will use international as well as Ugandan data and combines analysis of existing quantitative data with primary qualitative data collection.
This study involves:
- Undertaking a mapping of existing skills training programmes in Uganda;
- Exploring how violence in childhood and adolescence relates to child labour and other work outcomes internationally;
- Exploring experiences of violence among trafficked adolescents in Uganda;
- Describing associations between prior experience of violence and work outcomes in adolescents in Luwero district (using data from the CoVAC study); and
- Conducting a new qualitative study to understand young people's experiences of participation in skills training programmes.
We have created a network of stakeholders in Uganda to assist in shaping the research questions and developing policy recommendations.