MSc in Infectious Diseases 20th Anniversary Symposium
Join us for a special event to celebrate 20 years of the LSHTM’s Infectious Diseases Distance Learning programme and to recognise the achievements of its alumni. The LSHTM distance learning programme opened to students 20 years ago, aimed at students who could not afford the time or money to study in London. Infectious Diseases was the first of the now six distance based masters programmes offered by the School. Since then over a thousand students have registered for the programme and have gone on to make significant contributions to improving healthcare worldwide.
We will be celebrating with an afternoon of alumni talks, posters, networking with afternoon tea.
The speakers will be as follows:
- Professor John Ackers, Emeritus Professor LSHTM and former MSc Infectious Diseases Programme Director
- Professor Bo Draser, former Emeritus Professor LSHTM and an architect of the MSc Infectious Diseases programme
- Mr Martin Still, Matron Infection Prevention, Brighton & Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust and MSc Infectious Diseases alumnus
- Dr Eliza Gil, Wellcome Trust Research Training Fellow, Division of Infection and Immunity UCL and Registrar in Infectious Diseases & Microbiology
- Dr Enas Newire, Division of Biosciences UCL
Registration will be from 1:30pm, talks start at 2pm. The Pumphandle bar will be open from 5pm.
The event is open to all alumni, tutors and friends of the programme.
Would you like to speak or to bring a poster to display your work at the event? Submit your abstracts and proposals online.
Please contact the Alumni Office if you have any questions about this event.