Mentoring can be useful in a number of different situations, from settling into a new job, returning to work or general career development and knowledge sharing. There are no hard and fast rules for people wanting to work with a mentor. The process is driven by the mentee and what they want to get out of it. The minimum commitment we ask from mentors is to commit to working with their mentee for a year, and to have at least three meetings during this time.
The session will cover:
- An overview of LSHTM’s mentoring scheme
- The expectations and skills of being an effective mentor/mentee
- Boundaries of mentoring
- A practical introduction to mentoring
By the end of the session you will have sufficient information to decide whether mentoring is for you - as a mentor, mentee or both!
- By entering your contact details, you are agreeing to receive follow up communication specific to this event organised by Alumni. Communications will include a Zoom link to join the event.
- If you are an alumnus of the school, details provided will be used to update your alumni record.
- For more information on how we use your data, please see our Events privacy notice and our Data Protection pages.