Malaria Centre Members at ASTMH
If you are going to be in Atlanta for ASTMH 13th - 17th November this year, we hope you will come along to hear one of our many members who will be speaking.
If you are going to be in Atlanta for ASTMH 13th - 17th November this year, we hope you will come along to hear one of our many members who will be speaking, presenting and chairing a variety of sessions throughout the conference. We will also be joining our colleagues on the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine stand in the Exhibition Space where you can pick up a copy of the Centre's latest Bi-Annual Report.
Our Director, Professor Chris Drakeley, will be taking part in the Inaugural Alan J. Magill Malaria Eradication Symposium which takes place on the first day of the Conference,November 14, 2016, 4:00 - 5:45 p.m.
Other members' sessions include:
- 14/11/16 Symposium 24 Professor Eleanor Riley "Immune memory responses to malaria"
- 14/11/16 - Poster Session A Noon - 1.45 - Dr Khalid Bashir presents "Hot and Sticky: the effect of tropical conditions on the stability of Artemisinin-based Combinations Therapies"
- 14/11/16 - Poster Session A Noon - 1.45 Dr Sam Wassmer presents "Serial brain magnetic resonance imaging reveals posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome commonly associated with increased brain volume in cerebral malaria"
- 14/11/16 Scientific Session 40 1.45 - 3 PM - Ailie Robinson presents on "Investigating the influence of Plasmodium infection on the human volatile odour profile in an endemic setting
- 15/11/16 - Poster Session B, Noon-1.45 pm - Dr Matt Chico presents on his study "dose effect of SP administered as intermittent preventive treatment of malaria in pregnancy reduces adverse birth outcomes related to sexually transmitted and reproductive tract infections
- 16/11/16 Scientific Session 109 08.00 - 09.45 am - Dr Antoine Classens oral presentation "Culture-adaptation of malaria parasites is associated with nonsense mutations in specific genes"
Authors: R. Matthew Chico, Enesia Banda Chaonda, Cono Ariti, Daniel Chandramohan
- 17/11/16 - Scientifc Session 169 08.00 - 09.45 - Ben Wilson oral presentation "Analysis of ultra-low cost near-infrared spectrometers for drug and bed net quality monitoring"
Authors: Ben Wilson, Anthony Lozama, Celina Schocken, Elizabeth Louis Allen, David Bell, Harparkash Kaur
We will also be joining our colleagues on the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine booth #312 in the Exhibition Space where you can pick up a copy of the Centre's latest Bi-Annual Report and Malaria Centre members who work for ARCTEC, the School’s world-leading independent centre for consultancy and evaluation of arthropod control technologies- will be nearby on Booth #419 - for more information visit http://arctec.lshtm.ac.uk