Introduction to adolescent health epidemiology
The MRC International Statistics and Epidemiology Group (MRC ISEG) 50th anniversary symposium and celebration
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the MRC International Statistics and Epidemiology Group we are hosting a symposium titled 'New Horizons for Medical Statistics and Epidemiology in Global Health', to be held virtually on June 28-30, 2022. The symposium will reflect on the contribution of medical statistics and epidemiology to global health over the past 50 years and look to the future with discussion and debate on strategies to transform capacity in medical statistics and epidemiology globally.
As part MRC-ISEG's commitment to capacity strengthening, we are hosting three online training courses in epidemiology and statistics that are free and open to all. This is the second series of the three sessions.
Ahead of the live Q&A on 20 June, please watch the pre-recorded lecture below. The live Q&A will be an opportunity for you to ask any questions you have about the lecture.
This session will give an introduction to the key metrics and measurement challenges relating to adolescent health globally.
By the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Outline what data are useful and available to provide an overview of the health and development of adolescents at global, regional, and country levels
- Describe the main causes of ill-health among adolescents globally and by world region, and the contrasts in measures of health and disease between high, middle and low-income countries, and by sex
- List and explain key challenges in measuring the health of young people as a population group rather than the health of individual adolescents
- Explain why this period of the life-course is different from other periods
Dr Aoife Doyle, LSHTM
Other MRC-ISEG events
- Pre-symposium training course 1 - Thursday 26 May 2022
- Pre-symposium training course 3 - Thursday 23 June 2022
- Symposium - Tuesday 28 to 30 June 2022
Please note that the recording link will be listed on this page when available