Samantha SchoenbergerStudent | Full-time | United States of America
MSc Public Health – General streamContact Samantha Schoenberger
- Psychology and neuroscience graduate of Grinnell College (Grinnell, Iowa)
- Fulbright research scholar (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) — collaboration with University of Malaya considering substance use stigma as a barrier to healthcare and HIV treatment access
- Young adult substance use researcher at Boston Medical Center (Boston, Massachusetts) — mixed-methods research and intervention development with young adults with opioid use disorder. Grief and stress in the context of harm reduction and post-overdose outreach
- Suicide hotline responder
- Rotary Foundation Global Grant scholar
Research interests or career goals
Mental health and substance use, health in humanitarian settings, intervention design and evaluation, qualitative research methods.
Why I chose LSHTM/my programme
Mentorship from world-class academics and field-based practitioners, small seminars with classmates from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences, applied coursework (design, implementation, and evaluation of public health programs), involvement in the Health in Humanitarian Crisis Centre, global London as a classroom.