Emma CahuzacAlumni | Full-time | United Kingdom, France
MSc Public Health – General streamContact Emma Cahuzac
Educational/ professional background
- Pre-university education in France
- BSc in Natural Sciences majoring in Pharmacology at the University of Bath
- Molecular Psychiatry research at the University of Yale
- Regulatory Affairs internship at the Estee Lauder Companies
- Future Leaders Regulatory Affairs Programme at GlaxoSmithKline
- Regulatory Affairs Project Lead within the Global New Chemical Entity Submission team at GlaxoSmithKline
Research interests or career goals
I am gradually narrowing down my interests as the course continues (I am not someone who came in with a clear idea of specific topics of interests). My current top areas include Epidemiology, Health Services Research and Health Economics. In the future I might consider roles in Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) in industry, roles in international NGOs, or agencies such as PHE or NICE.
Why I chose LSHTM/my programme
I knew I wanted to broaden my knowledge of the health sector and wanted to pursue an MSc. After discovering more about the world of Public Health at work, this seemed like the perfect subject to complement and expand on my current knowledge (and then the pandemic hit and made it even more relevant). My reasons for choosing to pursue this course at LSHTM are due to its global reputation as a leader in Public Health, the incredible feedback I received from friends and colleagues who had either attended the School or knew of its reputation, as well as the ability to learn from a hugely diverse cohort of classmates.