How do we assess relative risk and benefit of COVID-19 vaccination?
The National Institute for Health Research Health Protection Research Unit in Vaccines and Immunisation (NIHR HPRU) is a partnership between Public Health England (PHE) and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), in collaboration with the University of Cambridge. Our team aims to produce quality research that enhances the ability of PHE to use innovative techniques to protect the public’s health and minimise the health impact of emergencies, such as COVID-19.
We are hosting this event in order to share some of our timely research findings related to COVID-19 vaccination. The live event will feature presentations from some of our group’s researchers, including:
- Evaluating societal risk/benefit – how would the value of vaccination be impacted among groups with various levels of adverse events? - Frank Sandmann
- Role of risk and trust in COVID-19 vaccine decision making amongst UK health and social care workers - Sandra Mounier-Jack
- Who could benefit most from COVID-19 vaccination? Using National Health Service (NHS) medical records to find out who is at highest risk of severe COVID-19 - Helen McDonald
This will be followed by a panel and opportunities for questions.
- Anthony Scott, Professor of Vaccine Epidemiology, LSHTM and Director of NIHR HPRU in Immunisation
- Frank Sandmann, Health Economist, PHE and LSHTM
- Sandra Mounier-Jack, Associate Professor in Health Policy, LSHTM
- Helen McDonald, Assistant Professor, LSHTM
Please note that the session will not be recorded
Season 3 of the LSHTM Viral podcast is exploring vaccines and vaccinations in a COVID-19 world, from ingredients to manufacturing, and through to the realities of distribution to a global population. In each episode our experts also answer the most pressing questions from the public on the COVID-19 vaccines, so send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. LSHTM Viral is Spotify’s 13th most popular science podcast in the UK. Subscribe now: Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic, Spotify, Stitcher.