Embedding capacity development in global health research
An interactive panel discussion, based on a recent commentary published in BMJ Global Health. The session will include speed talks and short videos followed by a round table discussion. The session will focus on two case studies of embedding PhDs for African researchers at African universities within global health research and development programmes.
The aim of this session is to inspire participants to embed capacity development within global health research, building on the BMJ Global Health commentary. The webinar and will include funders, academics, PhD students and others interested in capacity development.
- Dr Della Berhanu, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
- Professor Lars-Ake Persson, LSHTM
- Dr Bonaventure Savadogo, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, Switzerland Yaoundé
- Professor Ayola Akim Adegnika, Centre de Recherches Médicales de Lambaréné (CERMEL), Gabon and Tübingen University, Germany
- Dr John Amuasi, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana and African Research Network for Neglected Tropical Diseases (ARNTD)
- Susna De, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Marta Tufet, UK Collaborative on Development Research, London
- Professor Margaret Gyapong, University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ghana
- Please note that the recording link will be listed on this page when available.
- Registration disclaimer: By entering your details, you are agreeing to your data being used for attendee records by the IDEAS project at LSHTM and shared with our 3rd party partners at the Geneva Health Forum and Swiss TPH.
- For more information on how we use your data, please see our Events privacy notice and our Data Protection pages.