Mr Matthew Dodd
in Medical Statistics
I have worked at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) since February 2013. Initially, I worked as a Data Manager within the Clinical Trials Unit (CTU), before completing an MSc in Medical Statistics at LSHTM and starting a new role as a Research Fellow in Medical Statistics. This role involves providing data management and statistical support for several randomised controlled trials overseen by the LSHTM CTU. I am also currently undertaking a part-time PhD assessing the performance of statistical methods for handling non-adherence to interventions in randomised non-inferiority trials.
Currently, I tutor on the Regression module for the MSc in Medical Statistics and also assist with the distance learning module Basic Statistics for Clinical Trials (CTM102). I am also co-module organiser for the Clinical Trials module (2033).
I am currently providing statistical support for the following randomised controlled trials:
- AIMS (investigating the effect of Irbesartan on aortic dilatation in Marfan syndrome)
- ARREST (investigating the effect of expedited transfer to a cardiac arrest centre for non-ST elevation out-of-hospital cardiac arrest; arrest.lshtm.ac.uk)
- BHF PROTECT-TAVI (investigating the effect of a cerebral embolic protection device in participants with aortic valve stenosis planned for treatment by transcatheter aortic valve implantation)
- CHIP-BCIS3 (investigating the effect of a strategy of percutaneous left ventricular unloading in patients undergoing high-risk percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI))
- ERIC-PPCI (investigating the effect of remote ischaemic conditioning on clinical outcomes in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction patients undergoing primary PCI; ericppci.lshtm.ac.uk)
- PREVENTT (investigating the effect of intravenous iron in patients with anaemia undergoing major open abdominal surgery; preventt.lshtm.ac.uk)
- REVIVED-BCIS2 (investigating the effect of PCI compared to optimal medical therapy alone for ischaemic left ventricular dysfunction; revived.lshtm.ac.uk)
- TB Practecal (evaluating regimens containing Bedaquiline and Pretomanid for the treatment of adult patients with pulmonary multidrug resistant tuberculosis; msf.org.uk/tb-practecal)
- Tight K (investigating how potassium levels are controlled following coronary artery bypass graft surgery; lshtm.ac.uk/tight-k).