World Health Summit 2017
The World Health Summit is the annual conference of the M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities and National Academies. Through the InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) for Health, it is organized in collaboration with national academies of science in 97 countries.
The World Health Summit aims to improve health all over the planet, catalyzing that process through collaboration and open dialogue, and steering tomorrow’s agenda to improve research, education, healthcare, and policy outcomes.
It brings together researchers, physicians, key government officials, and representatives from industry as well as from NGOs and healthcare systems all over the world to address the most pressing issues facing every facet of healthcare and medicine in the upcoming decade and beyond.
The World Health Summit is built on the stable foundation of academic excellence provided by the M8 Alliance and has strong political support from a variety of partners at global, national and state levels.
Speakers from the School include:
- Peter Piot who will chair the keynote "Vaccine Research and Development"
- Heidi J. Larson who will speak in the keynote "Vaccine Research and Development" and chair the panel discussion "Vaccination Apathy"
- Johanna Hanefeld who will chair the workshops "Migration and Global Health Policy" and "Emerging Trends in Public Health Education"
- Heidi Stöckl who will speak in the workshop "Migration and Global Health Policy"
- Martin McKee who will speak in the workshop "Defining an EU Global Health Strategy"
- Dina Balabanova who will speak in the workshop "Emerging Trends in Public Health Education"
Full details can be found in the program planner: https://www.registration-whs.com/Program/WHS2017
All keynotes and panel discussions will be streamed live at http://www.worldhealthsummit.org/