STRIVE Research Consortium 2011-19: Final Dissemination
The STRIVE research consortium and Professor Peter Piot (Director of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine) invite you to join us to discuss what we have learned over eight years of research into the structural drivers of HIV. Along with consortium members from India, South Africa and Tanzania, you will be joining policy makers, programme teams, civil society advocates and researchers, as we review:
- What has STRIVE learned about alcohol, gender inequality, social norms, intimate partner violence and stigma – and what works to tackle them?
- What are the implications for policy, practice and research?
- And how can trigger broader multidimensional benefits for adolescent girls and young women, and for a range of Sustainable Development Goals?"
Speakers will include:
- Prof Peter Piot, Director, LSHTM
- Saidi Kapiga, Director, Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit.
- Joyce Wamoyi, Senior Social and Behavioural Research Scientist, Tanzania National Institute for Medical Research
- Prof Janet Seeley, Research Director, STRIVE
- Mohan HL, Managing Trustee and Social Scientist, Karnataka Health Promotion Trust
- Gerry Mshana, Principal Research Scientist, Tanzania National Institute for Medical Research
- Renay Weiner, Director, Research and Training for Health and Development
- Kirsten Stoebenau, Assistant Research Professor, University of Maryland School of Public Health
- Lebohang Letsela, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Soul City Institute for Social Justice
- Prakash Javalkar, Senior Manager Monitoring and Evaluation, Karnataka Health Promotion Trust
- Ravi Prakash, Deputy Director (M&E), University of Manitoba
- Baroness Barker, Vice Chair APPG on HIV, House of Lords
- Prof Helen Weiss, Director MRC Tropical Epidemiology Group, LSHTM
- Heather Doyle, Senior Technical Adviser, Global Fund
- Nandi Simpson, School of Life and Medical Sciences, UCL
- Prof Peter Godfrey-Faussett, Senior Adviser, Science, UNAIDS/LSHTM
- Dr Maryam Shahmanesh, Principle Investigator DREAMS (South Africa), UCL/
- Fungai Murau, Community representative and researcher
- Dr Avni Amin, Technical Officer, Violence Against Women, WHO
This dissemination event will be followed by drinks reception at the South Courtyard Cafe.