Learning Initiative on Norms, Exploitation and Abuse (LINEA), Gender, Violence and Health Centre
15-17 Tavistock Place
Marie-Celine has lectured at the LSHTM, Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg, and the Charite Universitats Medezin Berlin on gender analysis in global health research; gender-based violence and the social determinants of health; ethics and safety in researching gender-based violence with adults, adolescents and children; and politics, power and identity in global health. She is a tutor on the post-graduate module Evaluating Public Health Interventions, and an Examiner for the MSc Public Health degree. She is also a tutor for MSc Public Health students, and serve on the advisory committee for a DrPH student.
Marie-Celine brings over a decade of experience in applied research and evaluation concerning adolescent development, sexual and gender-based violence, education, economic development, humanitarian response and gender justice. She has designed, led, supervised, analysed and reported on research and evaluation, and provided technical support to programmes, in nearly 40 low- and middle-income, and conflict-affected countries across Africa, South America, the Middle East and South Asia.
Her research interests concern the intersections between:
1) Prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse of adolescent girls and boys;
2) Adolescent girls' development in the transition to adulthood in low income and conflict-affected countries;
3) Gender and social norm change for the prevention of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) against adolescents;
4) Socioeconomic inequalities and SGBV prevention and response;
5) Adverse Childhood Events and the social determinants of health over the life course.
She also serves as School-related Gender-based Violence (SRGBV) Evaluation Specialist and subject matter expert for a 5-year cluster randomized controlled trial for the prevention of SRGBV, increase in early grade reading skills, and retention in Ugandan primary schools with Panagora Group and NORC at the University of Chicago.