Faculty of Public Health and Policy
Dean of Faculty: Richard Smith
Faculty Operating Officer: Niki Jones
Faculty Office Manager/PA to the Dean: Ela Gohil
Faculty Office Administrator: Nicola Fagg
Faculty Taught Course Director: Hannah Babad
Faculty Research Degrees Director: Simon Cohn Deputy: Nicki Thorogood
- see more on degrees and courses
Tel: +44 (0)20 7927 2700 Fax: +44 (0)20 7927 2701 Address: 15-17 Tavistock Place, London, WC1H 9SH
The Faculty of Public Health and Policy (PHP) is focussed on the improvement of health throughout the UK and worldwide. It does this through research, teaching and the provision of advice in the areas of health policy, health systems and services, and individual, social and environmental influences on health.
Interests and activities embrace the health needs of people living in countries at all levels of development. The Faculty is the largest multi-disciplinary public health group in Europe. It uses multidisciplinary and multi-method approaches to generate new knowledge for specific contexts and test transferability to different settings, and engage with policymakers and providers of health care to ensure research is relevant and translated into practice.
- About us
- PHP Strategy 2012-17 (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Education: The Faculty has popular and highly respected taught courses for London-based as well as distance-learning students, and hosts research degree students for PhD or DrPH studies.
- Key faculty themes: in Health Economics, Health Systems, and Social Sciences.
- PHP Intranet: for staff and students only
The Athena SWAN Charter recognises commitment to advancing women's careers in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine (STEMM) employment in higher education. The Faculty is fully committed to the Charter and was awarded a Silver award in April 2015.