Ebola in West Africa
The School has been actively involved in responding to the Ebola epidemic in West Africa. The School's Director, Peter Piot, and other senior staff are advising governments and international agencies. More than 250 staff members, research students and alumni have volunteered their skills and services.
- News - 19 April 2016 - Ebola prime-boost vaccine shows promising results
- Podcast - Peter Piot: one year on
- Video - 27 April 2016 - Ebola virus disease in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, 1976-2014
Find out more
- Ebola Response Anthropology Platform - Partnership led by the School
- Centre for the Mathematical Modelling of Infectious Diseases (CMMID)
- World Health Organization - Includes information for healthcare professionals and the public
- Government response - (Gov.uk website)
- Medicins Sans Frontiers
- Save the Children
- Affected countries - International SOS (includes regularly updated information on the outbreak in each country)
Expert comment and coverage of the Ebola outbreak is featured within the School's weekly media highlights.
Image: Ebola in West Africa. Credit: European Commission DG ECHO