Passionate about LSHTM? Share your experiences and encourage future students to join us. Become one of our student ambassadors.
Roles of student ambassadors
As an ambassador, your main role will be to help prospective students learn more about the study opportunities at LSHTM. Ambassadors may be requested to participate in a number of ways, depending on their particular set of skills/capabilities and preferences. This would include:
- Answering queries from prospective students about your programme or life at LSHTM via email and/or in online chat sessions
- Assisting at our annual Open Day and other events
- Meeting prospective students who visit LSHTM and giving tours
- Contributing to promotional materials (such as programme brochures, website profiles, videos or media articles)
- Contributing to our social media activities including our Facebook page and student blogs
- Participating in student focus groups and market research
- Participating in student panels at information sessions (involving public speaking)
There will be a number of opportunities available to our ambassadors throughout the year and you can put your name forward for as much work as you feel you can do, however we expect our ambassadors to participate on a regular basis.
The benefits of being a student ambassador
- Being an official representative of LSHTM
- Helping to forge a community spirit and build links throughout LSHTM
- Having a platform to develop your interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Opportunities for academic and social networking with fellow students and staff
- Official recognition of your work to add to your CV
Who are we looking for?
As a student ambassador, you should be:
- Confident, with strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic (about LSHTM and your programme)
How to apply
Student ambassador applications are currently closed. If you would like to apply to be an ambassador, please email the Study Team at email@example.com to find out if there are any places available.