Current DrPH students at the School are invited to apply for competitive funding support for their Organisational and Policy Analysis (OPA) projects. Awards are designed to support travel costs directly associated with OPA fieldwork (travel and associated subsistence/accommodation costs). Successful candidates will be made awards of up to GBP 2,000.00.
Applicants should be aware that preference will be given to applications for visits to Low or Lower-Middle Income Countries. Furthermore, if your fieldwork is to be based in your home country, then this must not fall in the same geographic region as your residence.
Eligibility for Funding
Applicants must be currently registered on the DrPH programme at the School.
How to apply
Applicants must submit, in a single email to Scholarships:
- a completed 2018-19 DrPH OPA Travelling Scholarship Application form, and
- a fully costed budget with justification for costs (and your request for the scholarship funding) and an indication of which costs this application covers, and
- an OPA project proposal, (no more than four A4 pages) which should include:
- a background statement, and
- the objectives of your study, and
- a description of the work to be done, the methods used, and the anticipated outcomes, and
- a description of the features of the institute being visited that makes it a suitable venue
Applications will be assessed on the merit of the project. Documentation provided will be scrutinised for feasibility and reasonable economy.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for this funding.
By submitting an application for this funding applicants agree to its Terms & Conditions.
The deadline for receipt of complete applications is midnight (GMT) on Sunday 24 March 2019.