Current DrPH students at LSHTM are invited to apply for competitive funding support for their RSI Organisational or Policy Analysis (OPA) projects. Awards are designed to support costs directly associated with OPA fieldwork (data collection, travel and associated subsistence/accommodation costs).
GBP 10,000.00 is available for award from LSHTM’s endowment funds. Successful candidates will be made awards of up to GBP 2,000.00.
Applicants should note that if there is competition for the funding available, preference may be given to those who are based in LMIC countries.
Eligibility for funding
Applicants must be currently registered on the DrPH programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Where appropriate, ethics approval must be obtained and will need to be submitted to the Registry before any funding can be released.
All those in receipt of a DrPH RSI/OPA Travelling or Fieldwork Support Scholarship award must follow the policy, guidance and requirements of LSHTM (including LSHTM travel insurance), UK FCDO, and destination government, at the time of proposed and actual fieldwork and/or travel.
How to apply
Applicants must submit, in a single email to Scholarships Team:
- a completed 2021-22 DrPH RSI/OPA Scholarship Application Form,
- a fully costed budget with justification for costs and your request for the scholarship funding, showing which costs this application covers, and
- an RSI/OPA project proposal of no more than 1,000 words which should include:
- a background statement, and
- the objectives of your study, and
- a description of the work to be done, the methods used, and the anticipated outcomes, and
- a description of the features of the fieldwork site or institution being studied that makes it a suitable focus for RSI/OPA.
Applications will be assessed on the merit of the project. Documentation provided will be scrutinised for feasibility and reasonable economy.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for this funding. Incomplete applications include those with missing supplementary information or documentation as listed above.
Please note that all applications will only be reviewed and processed after the deadline. All applications that are submitted before the deadline will be considered equally, regardless of submission date.
By submitting an application for this funding applicants agree to its Terms & Conditions.
The deadline for receipt of complete applications is 23:59 (BST) on Wednesday 4 May 2022.
Decisions will be reached, and the successful applicant notified by the week beginning Monday 6 June 2022.