The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) has several studentships per year to award to students on the MSc Health Data Science programme for three academic years (2020/21–2022/23). These studentships are supported by Health Data Research UK (HDR UK) as part of the HDR UK training strategy, which focuses on developing health data scientists with expertise across the fields of statistics, machine learning, informatics and beyond, to help transform how data is used to improve health.
Eight studentships will be awarded for the 2022-23 MSc Health Data Research programme.
Three awards will cover:
- Tuition fees at the Home (UK) full-time fee rate for 1 year; and
- A tax-free stipend of GBP 16,000.00 (including London Weighting) paid out to the awardees directly in 12 monthly instalments.
Five awards will cover:
- 50% of tuition fees at the Home (UK) full-time fee rate for 1 year
Eligibility for funding
To be eligible for a studentship, applicants must:
- have been assessed for Home (UK) fee status, according to the regulations set out on the UKCISA website; and
- hold an offer of admission for 2022-23 entry for the London-based (intensive) MSc Health Data Science at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
How to apply
The application process has two steps. To be considered for this funding, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both application steps outlined below by the scholarship application deadline of 23:59 (BST) on Friday 27 May 2022.
Submit an online scholarships application, selecting ‘2022-23 HDR UK Scholarships’ from the drop-down menu. A completed supplementary questions form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).
- By applying for this funding applicants agree to its terms and conditions. Applicants are encouraged to read the information/guidance and Terms & Conditions ahead of submitting their funding application.
- The MSc Health Data Science Programme Directors will assess all applications for suitability for the course. Successful applications (i.e. those with applicants who will be made an offer of admission) will be considered for the Scholarship. The short-listing and final selection for the scholarship will be made by a scholarships panel. If deemed necessary, the panel may request a short telephone interview with prospective candidates as part of the selection process. All decisions taken by the committee will be final and there is no provision for appeal.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for this funding. Incomplete applications include those with missing supplementary documentation at either/both Steps 1 and 2 above.
- Applicants who have already submitted a completed 2022-23 London-based MSc application and/or have been made an Offer of admission should apply for the scholarship by completing the scholarship application (Step 2 above) and submitting this by the scholarship deadline
- For any queries about the application process, scholarship requirements or application deadline, please contact the LSHTM Scholarships team: email@example.com
- Decisions will be reached, and the successful applicants notified, by mid-July 2022 at the latest.