Current DrPH students at LSHTM are invited to apply for competitive funding support for their RSI Organisational and Policy Analysis (OPA) projects. Awards are designed to support travel costs directly associated with OPA fieldwork (travel and associated subsistence/accommodation costs).
GBP 15,000.00 is available for award from LSHTM’s endowment funds. Successful candidates will be made awards of up to GBP 2,000.00.
Applicants should note that if there is competition for the funding available, preference may be given to those who are based in LMIC countries.
Eligibility for Funding
Applicants must be currently registered on the DrPH programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Where appropriate, ethics approval must be obtained and will need to be submitted to the Registry before any funding can be released.
All those in receipt of a DrPH RSI/OPA Travelling & Fieldwork Support Scholarship award must follow the policy, guidance and requirements of LSHTM (including LSHTM travel insurance), UK FCDO, and destination government, at the time of proposed and actual travel.
How to apply
Applicants must submit, in a single email to Scholarships Team:
- a completed 2020-21 DrPH RSI/OPA Travelling Scholarship Application Form,
- a fully costed budget with justification for costs (and your request for the scholarship funding) and an indication of which costs this application covers, and
- an RSI/OPA project proposal, (no more than four A4 pages) which should include:
- a background statement, and
- the objectives of your study, and
- a description of the work to be done, the methods used, and the anticipated outcomes, and
- a description of the features of the fieldwork site or institution being visited that makes it a suitable location for RSI/OPA.
Applications will be assessed on the merit of the project. Documentation provided will be scrutinised for feasibility and reasonable economy.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Incomplete applications include those with missing supplementary information or documentation as listed above.
All applications will only be reviewed and processed after the deadline. All applications that are submitted before the deadline will be considered equally, regardless of submission date.
By submitting an application for this funding applicants agree to its Terms & Conditions.
The deadline for receipt of complete applications is 08:00 (BST) on Monday 10 May 2021 (this is an extension to the original deadline of Wednesday 7 April 2021).