Current DrPH students at LSHTM are invited to apply for competitive funding support for their Organisational and Policy Analysis (OPA) projects.
Awards are designed to support travel costs directly associated with OPA fieldwork (travel and associated subsistence/accommodation costs).
Successful candidates will be made awards of up to GBP 2,000.00.
Applicants should note that if there is competition for the funding available, preference may be given to those who are travelling to LMIC countries.
Eligibility for funding
Applicants must be currently registered on the DrPH programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
How to apply
Applicants must submit, in a single email to the Scholarships team (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- a completed 2019-20 DrPH OPA Travelling Scholarship application form;
- a fully costed budget with justification for costs (and your request for the scholarship funding) and an indication of which costs this application covers; and
- an OPA project proposal, (no more than four A4 pages) which should include:
- a background statement;
- the objectives of your study;
- a description of the work to be done, the methods used, and the anticipated outcomes; and
- a description of the features of the institute being visited that makes it a suitable venue.
Applications will be assessed on the merit of the project. Documentation provided will be scrutinised for feasibility and reasonable economy.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for this funding.
By submitting an application for this funding applicants agree to its terms and conditions.
The deadline for receipt of complete applications is 23:59 (BST) on Monday 31 August 2020. We aim to provide the outcome to all applicants before the end of the current academic year.
Please note that all applications will only be reviewed and processed after the deadline. All applications that are submitted before the deadline will be considered equally, regardless of submission date.