About the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (CSSS)
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) intended to enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development. The purpose of the scholarship scheme is to contribute to development needs of lower income Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals and academics who would not otherwise be able to study in the UK.
This year, both our joint MSc programmes with the Royal Veterinary College (RVC) have been awarded two scholarships each:
If you intend to apply for these courses under the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme please note you will need to apply both to RVC and to DFID directly.
Funding eligibility criteria
• Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
• Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
• Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019
• By October 2019, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study.
• Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high income country
• Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
How to apply
To apply for this funding, applicants must:
1 - Submit a complete application for study via the Royal Veterinary College by 16 april 2019.
2 - Submit a complete Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme application for funding via the CSCUK’s online application form before the funding deadline of 16.00 (GMT) on 14 March 2019.
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.