Work with us
Thank you for showing an interest in working for MRC/UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit.
Job vacancies at the Unit are advertised below on this site, locally in the Ugandan press and other relevant websites.
Separately, there may also be some some UK contract posts which are advertised on the LSHTM recruitment site and internationally.
Please note that the MRC/UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit, and LSHTM each have their own terms and conditions.
- Internship for Persons with Disabilities 06 positions (Deadline: 15 July 2022, 5:00pm) - Internship Application forms for PWDs
- U-SMRC PhD Opportunities 03 Positions (Deadline: 17 July 2022)
- Scientist B 01 Position (Deadline: 06 July 2022, 5:00pm)
- Fire and Safety Technician 01 Position (Deadline: 06 July 2022, 5:00pm)
- Manager Molecular Diagnostics lab-MRC- the Gambia 01 Position (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- Manager Sequencing Lab -MRC- the Gambia 01 Position (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- PhD Opportunities 03 Positions (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- Unit Scholarship Opportunities (Deadline: 15 July 2022)
How to apply
Before we can consider your suitability for the post to which you are applying, you will need to complete an online application form.
Check the advert and job description to assess whether you have the right qualifications, skills and knowledge displayed in the job description. Only those applicants meeting the requirements will be considered.
If you are the right fit, proceed to complete the online application using the link available on the job description. All sections of the form should be filled in before it is submitted.
Submitting the application form
Combine all your application documentation i.e. cover letter, CV & academic documents into one PDF document.
Strictly follow the application procedure as failure to do so will lead to automatic disqualification. Only online applications through the link provided will be accepted.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Head of Human Resources,
MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit,
P.O. Box, 49,
Receipt of applications
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted within eight weeks after the closing date of the advert.
Any form of lobbying at any stage will lead to automatic disqualification. By submitting your personal information, you consent to the MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit holding and using it in accordance with its recruitment policy and procedure.
MRC/UVRI and LSHTM Uganda research Unit is an equal opportunity employer committed to having a diverse work force and does not ask for money at any stage of recruitment.
In the event you are selected as the best candidate for the job, it will be a requirement to present certified copies of academic documents and a medical fitness report prior to contracting.
The Unit reserves the right to verify documents attached with the relevant awarding institutions to authenticate their validity.